Pirate Productions a.s.b.l.
- Personal data about members will be collected and stored electronically and securely.
- Only data which is essential to the administration and promotion of the club's activities will be retained.
- It is the responsibility of the committee of Pirate Productions a.s.b.l. to ensure the accuracy and security of the data held.
- Members have the right to:
- view what data is being held about them.
- request certain items of data to be withheld from public view or members' view or even deleted.
- request data to be updated / corrected.
- request that all personal data be deleted (although this will cause membership to be terminated).
- Members who have allowed their membership to lapse (or who have never paid membership fees) will be contacted periodically and asked if they wish their data to be retained or deleted.
- Questions about this policy or requests to view your personal data should be addressed to the email@example.com
What personal information is stored about me as a member and why?
The basic information stored for all classes of membership is:
- Email address: this is the primary, unique identifier of you as a member of Pirates. It allows us to contact you about matters relating to your membership as well inform you about auditions for shows and upcoming shows and social events (should you have consented to this). During productions, email is the normal means of contact for information about rehearsals.
- Telephone Number: At least one telephone number is required as back-up in case an email fails or when information needs to be passed very quickly.
- Name: This enables us to identify you in a friendly and informal way in all our communications
- Address and Date of birth: Our insurers require us to provide the names, addresses and dates of birth of all members who are to be covered by our accident insurance. We may also use age information to identify members who may be suitable for certain theatrical roles and also eligible for reduced fees for membership.
- Nationality: Whilst Pirates is an English language based society, a large proportion of the membership come from countries where English is not the first language. It is helpful for the society to be able quote accurate statistics about the multicultural nature of our membership.
- Class of membership: This determines the annual membership fees required and whether it has been paid. It also determines when a member should be included in a list of those included in our insurance as well as the right to vote at Annual General Meetings.
What personal information is stored about me when I perform on stage in a production and why?
When someone participates in an audition for a Pirates Production, they must consent to certain extra pieces of personal data being held about them. This information is collected on an audition form and is used by directors, musical directors and stage managers to cast a production and to put together a production team.
- Stage Skills: Participants are asked to indicate which of the stage skills (acting, singing dancing) they believe they have.
- Backstage skills: Participants are asked to indicate if they would be willing help with backstage tasks such as lighting, sound, projections, costumes, set building and front-of-house activities.
- Photograph: A passport style photograph will accompany each audition form to help directors to remember who was who when casting a production. The photographs are retained and shared during a production with the cast and crew to help them to put names to faces. Participants who do not already have a photograph on file (or request to have a new photograph taken) will be photographed at the beginning of the audition session.
- Roles played (non Pirates): Participants are asked to provide a list of theatrical roles they have played. This is used by the director as a casting aid. If the participant consents, the data will be retained so that for subsequent auditions, the actor will not have to provide the list again.
- Roles played (Pirates): Where a participant has appeared in previous Pirates shows, these are automatically entered into an audition form. It is a condition of membership that the current and past roles played by that member can be retained as part of the history of Pirates and to aid in the casting process. When membership lapses, the past member will be asked if they consent to their participation in previous shows be retained.
- Measurements: When costumes have to be made or hired, an actor's measurements will be taken. It is a condition of appearing in a Pirates show that the actor consents to these measurements being retained at least until the show is over. If the actor also consents to the data being retained after the show, it can avoid measurements taking for subsequent productions. Actors' measurements are considered to be private and are not shared with anyone except those responsible for making or hiring costumes for that actor.
- Holidays: Participants will be asked to provide dates when they will not be available for rehearsals. This data will deleted when the show ceases to be the current production.
What personal information is stored about me when I participate off-stage in a production and why?
When someone participates off-stage in a Pirates Production, they must either be a member already or consent to the same basic information being stored as for members (in which case they will considered to be a "Friend" of Pirates). In addition, they must consent to their off-stage role being retained for the duration of the production. The "Friend of Pirates" may also consent to their participation in that production being retained as part of Pirates' history as well as an aid to stage managers to find crew for future productions.
What personal information is stored about me when I participate as a musician in a production and why?
When someone performs as a musician in a Pirates Production, they must either be a member already or consent to the same basic information being stored as for members. In addition, they must consent to the instrument they played being retained for the duration of the production. The musician may also consent to their participation in that production being retained as part of Pirates' history as well as an aid to musical directors to find musicians for future productions.
This document was last updated Wed 23rd May 2018 18:04 to VERSION 1.3